Monthly Archives: September 2015
14 Things To Do This Weekend Instead Of Cleaning Tack
Since making the switch from leather to beta biothane tack, we’re enjoying more time in the saddle and less time slathering oil on straps and saddles. Every now and then though, we almost find ourselves twiddling our thumbs while we’re waiting for our stablemates to finish polishing and slicking up their leather stuff, so we compiled this list of ways to pass the time.
- Train the barn dog to catch carrot slices in midair.
- Train the horse to catch carrot slices in his mouth
- Pick up the carrot slices from the offended horse’s stall.
- Clean out the back of the trailer.
- Make a cup of hot tea to soothe throat after running, screaming, from the spider in the back of the trailer.
- French braid fellow boarded horses’ forelocks.
- Help said horses take selfies of their new ‘dos and text the photos to their owners.
- Order a sample beta biothane kit to decide what color your horse’s next bridle needs to be.
- Organize your grooming potions alphabetically.
- Sweep out the tack room.
- Make another cup of tea to soothe voice after running, screaming, from mouse in tack room.
- Test out these recipes for horse cookies.
- Google “safe to eat horse cookies???”
- Enter our tack giveaway on behalf of your barnmates, so you don’t get stuck waiting this long for them to clean tack ever again.
Prepare for battle with our fierce war horse bridle!
It’s the first week of the month, and you know what that means–a new tack giveaway!
Our September giveaway is for a war/medieval/parade bridle. This product has a long name because it can be used for so many different purposes–dress-up, special events, parades, reenactments, or just REALLY unnerving your competition during warm-up at a horse show. ‘The war bridle is made from beta biothane with dramatic stainless steel studs and a decorative piece that comes down the horse’s forehead and flares across the bridge of the nose.
Like all of our bridles, the baroque bridle it’s fully adjustable ensuring a comfortable fit for any size of horse. The noseband & throatlatch are adjustable on both sides. The cheek pieces of bridle are adjustable on top as well as by bit. The faceplate is adjustable at top of crown piece.
Best of all, beta biothane is guaranteed not to crack, fade, or rot, and only needs a trip through the dishwasher or under the hose to come as clean as the day it arrived.
As always, you’ll get a $5 off coupon just for entering our giveaway. All you have to do is fill out a simple form on our website and you’ll be in the pool to win. If you’re part of an exclusive giveaway through a Facebook page or blog, don’t forget to enter the group’s name in the “How did you hear about us” blank.
Love the bridle too much to let it go? Go ahead and buy your own–consider it an ego boost.